Whether you’re flying thousands of miles to lay on a gorgeous beach in Bali or taking a short drive to go leaf-peeping just a few hours away, you better believe your loved ones want to follow along on your incredible adventures. Nowadays, as you walk out the door with your luggage in tow, friends and family will tell you to “have fun!” and “post a lot on Instagram!” in the same breath. (What happened to the days of “We’ll miss you dearly,” right?) Once you’re at your destination, it’s normal to have limitless options for breathtaking photos to post and yet be at a total loss for words when it comes to writing your Instagram captions.
You probably feel the pressure to write a clever caption that matches the awesomeness of your photo, but no one should waste a moment of hard-earned vacation time hemming and hawing over a sentence or two. That’s why we put together this list of cute and inspirational travel Instagram captions for all those moments when you don’t have the patience or energy to come up with something on your own. Pick one for now, save some for later, and get back to your amazing trip already!
General Travel Captions
I’ve found my happy place.
- What’s on my bucket list? Everywhere.
- Take memories, leave footprints.
- Always say yes to new adventures.
- Life is short and the world is wide. I better get started.
- My new routine: Journey. Explore. Discover. Repeat.
- Only going places that spark joy.
- Keep calm and travel on.
- Will travel for food (and a good sunset).
- The best things happen outside of our comfort zones.
- Constantly searching for views that take my breath away.
- When I’m exploring the world is when I feel most at home.
- Until you step into the unknown, you don’t know what you’re made of.
- Life is not meant to be in one place.
Cheeky Travel Captions
- I follow my heart … and it usually leads me to the airport.
- Greetings from [insert location]. I live here now.
- I travel so my life isn’t disrupted by routine.
- Maybe you can’t buy happiness, but you can buy plane tickets.
- I decided to skip ahead to the part of my life where I travel the world.
- Tans and jetlag fade, but memories last forever.
- I’m a travel addict on the road to recovery. Just kidding, I’m headed to the airport.
- All I need is a 3-month vacation four times a year. That’s really not asking for much.
- BBN. Be back never.
Travel Quote Captions
- “I am one of those who never knows the direction of my journey until I have almost arrived.” —Anna Louise Strong
- “Not all those who wander are lost.” —J.R.R. Tolkien
- “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.” —Anaïs Nin
- “An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered.” —G.K. Chesterton
- “Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.” —Margaret Lee Runbeck
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” —Lao Tzu
- “To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice.” —Elizabeth Gilbert
- “One’s destination is never a place but rather a new way at looking at things.” —Henry Miller
- “Surely, of all the wonders of the world, the horizon is the greatest.” —Freya Stark
- “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us, or we find it not.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” —Robert Louis Stevenson
- “This is what holidays, travels, vacations are about. It is not really rest or even leisure we chase. We strain to renew our capacity to wonder, to shock ourselves into astonishment once again.” —Shana Alexander